Macarie Cleaning's mission is to provide every customer with a clean, safe,
healthy and productive environment. With precise management, your janitorial service and facility maintenance programs will become a source of pride.
Planning Your Janitorial Service
You benefit from our thorough janitorial program design and control processes. This includes a good plan, thorough training , excellent tools and follow-up and supervision .
- ISO requires that all of our work be done "under controlled conditions." This begins with planning the janitorial work.
- Planning your job begins with making sure we understand what you value most from your janitorial company. We also want to understand the outcomes that you expect from the specifications.
- We calculate the number of daily, weekly, monthly and annual hours needed to clean your building. Our staff uses TEAM Financial Management 's Bidding and Estimating Module to do this workload.
- Then our specialists do a complete work-flow analysis of your building to determine the most efficient schedule. This includes a computerized analysis of staffing needs.
Training and Documentation
Our cleaners sincerely want to do a great job. Management's responsibility is to give them the training and documentation they need to succeed. This includes:
- Work instructions for all cleaners.
- Training cleaners in one or more of the basic specialties: rest room specialist, vacuum specialist, light duty specialist and utility specialist.
The Best Janitorial Equipment and Supplies Available
Johnson Diversey provides an excellent training program and is innovative in their production of environmentally friendly solutions.
- Equipment .
FBG works directly with engineers on prototype equipment design and usability. We suggest modifications based on our knowledge of production and safety that will benefit our employees and customers.
Effective Supervision and Follow-up
- Our supervisors are trained in human relations and employee motivation.
- Our staff uses computer generated "work tickets" to schedule and follow-up on periodic work such as carpet care and stripping floors.
- We conduct customer satisfaction sampling to be sure that you are getting value from our program.
- Of course, managers inspect the sites for compliance with our high standards.
Adding Value to Janitorial Programs
Facility and purchasing managers today tell us that they are looking for added value. They tell us that they want suppliers who will:
- Help them do business faster, better and cheaper.
- Make suggestions for improvements that will benefit them.
- Learn their business so that they we can provide better service.
One approach to adding value is our Facility Quality Council , sometimes called a Site Improvement Committee. This team is made up of our on-site manager, your representatives, and, where applicable, some of our major subcontractors. The team's goals are:
- Look for refinements in the service program that will result in better service, lower total cost, or both.
- Examine statistics on total customer calls, service requests, etc., to see if any trends are developing.
- Examine opportunities for improvement by giving us responsibility for other areas, for example, recycling and solid waste removal.
Outcome Based Programs
More and more professional facility managers and buyers are discovering that overspecification is a major cost driver in janitorial services. As a result, they are turning to "outcome based programs." They tell us what they want the buildings and grounds to look like and we develop the service plan.
Facility Maintenance and Management
Facility Management Service Division
STR. IMPACARII NR. 24 TIMISOARA ROMANIA